Planning: Manuka to the Foreshore – 9 April 19
9 April @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Come and participate in a conversation about future planning for Manuka through to the Foreshore, hosted by the Inner South Canberra Community Council.
The aims are to:
- identify the areas, features and character that we value
- identify key issues, challenges and opportunities
- discuss what we, as a community, would like to do next
To set the scene and provide background:
- Nick Swain will speak briefly on the area’s heritage (Nick is President, Canberra & District Historical Society, co-author of “Manuka-History and People. 1924-2014”, and committee member of Kingston and Barton Residents Group)
- David Denham will provide an update on what developments are “on the boil” in the area. David is a committee member of the Griffith Narrabundah Community Association
- We also hope to have a speaker who can address the issues of traffic and parking in the area.
At this stage, the proposed format for the evening is:
- 7-7.30pm Introduction by ISCCC Chair Marea Fatseas, and presentations by 3 speakers.
- 7.30-8.15pm Break-out session where participants have a chance to stand up, mingle with others, discuss and write down their views on what they value and what they would like to see retained or changed in the area.
- 8.15-8.55pm Report back to the group as a whole, and plenary discussion on key issues and the way forward.
- 8.55-9.00pm Other business and wrap-up by chair.
April 2020 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
True Media Concepts